Log Streaming Overview
The Log Streaming product is an add-on to the Unified Security Service platform that allows you to extract enriched log data for each of the core security products that are licensed. The typical use case is to stream log data to an external log analysis/SIEM tool.
Plugins for Third Party tools
There are many third party tools available that can be integrated with the Log Streaming product to provide enhanced analytics. If the tool does not directly support one of the Configuration Options out-of-the-box, it is usually possible for a developer to use the Configuration Options below to create a custom plugin or add-on. Recommended plugins will be listed here when they are available. If you require a specific plugin, please contact your Service Provider to discuss further.
- Splunk Enterprise - coming soon (please contact your Service Provider for early access)
- Rapid7 InsightIDR - no plugin required, use a Collector configured with the Amazon SQS option (see below)
- AlienVault USM Anywhere - contact AlienVault to request an AlienApp to be developed
The Log Streaming product provides two output options:
- Webhook - provides a standard HTTP endpoint to call from a script/plugin to download the latest log data for a given core product. This is a generic interface for accessing the log data.
- Amazon SQS - the log data will be published to the Amazon SQS queue specified in the configuration. This method is supported by a variety of third party SIEM tools.
To configure Log Streaming for a product, navigate to Products and then click Log Streaming. If you require a license, please contact your Service Provider.
The products that are licensed and support Log Streaming will be listed on the left. Click a product to access the configuration options.
Enabling the Webhook option will generate a unique secret key which can then be used to call the HTTP endpoint to retrieve the log data. Some plugin's will simply require you to provide the secret key as part of their configuration.
The HTTP endpoint is available here:
- product =
app(inline mode CASB),
casb(API mode CASB),
- key = the Key displayed in the configuration screen. Ensure you keep the key safe and secure.
The first time you call the endpoint it will return the previous 10 minutes worth of data (approximately) and it will store the UTC timestamp of the call as a cursor. Subsequent calls will retrieve the data since the last cursor in 5 minute intervals. It is recommended that you call the endpoint every 5 minutes.
Enabling the Amazon SQS option will instruct the Log Streaming product to send log data to the designated SQS queue every 5 minutes.