Administrators are users that are created within the Unified Security Service system itself and are unrelated to any users belonging to an Active Directory connection.
Creating new administrator users
Visit your USS Dashboard and click Products ⟶ Web Security ⟶ Settings ⟶ Administrators.
To add a new Administrator, click the button. Enter the name and email address of the new Administrator, choose the new Administrator's Role, and click .
Importing a list of new administrator users
If you have a lot of administrator users, that need to be created:
- Click .
- In the dialog that appears, enter a list of email addresses (one address per line).
- Choose a Role to assign to these new administrators.
Managing administrator users
The Administrators screen shows all the Administrators that have been added to your USS account.
Once a user has confirmed their email address, this will be indicated here.
A suspended user can perform no actions within the USS dashboard.
Indicates whether sensitive information within reports should be redacted, for this specific user only.
Indicates whether this user has enabled Multi-Factor Authentication for access to the USS dashboard, e.g. SMS or TOTP.
- N/A - this is your own user and you cannot modify it from this location. Use the Account Password & MFA section instead.
- Inactive - the user has not yet configured a second factor
- Disable - the user has a second factor active. Click this button to disable it. You will be required to authenticate using your chosen second factor.
Click the icon to change this Administrator's password.
Deleting an Administrator
To permanently delete an Administrator, click the icon.
An Administrator must be assigned a Role. The Role allows you to extend RBAC (Role-based Access Control) over your Cloud USS account. Each role (with the exception of the Super User role) will restrict the Administrator to specific functions and abilities within the Cloud USS Dashboard.
For a full list of roles please see the Roles Knowledge Base article.