Check for the presence of a system proxy user
If you are experiencing unexpected behaviour with the Web Security endpoint agents or gateway, it may be that a proxy configuration exists for the Windows "system" user account. This can be left behind by third party anti-malware software or deployments of old proxy products.
To determine if a proxy is configured for the system user:
- Download the pstools application from Microsoft.
- Extract the archive, then open a command prompt as administrator.
- Run the following command:
psexec -s -i "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
- This will open Internet Explorer running as the local system user.
- Go to Tools menu, then Internet Options and select Connections tab followed by LAN settings.
- Remove or disable any configured proxy settings.