Installing the Outlook add-in for reporting spam and phishing email
The Outlook add-in for the Email Security product allows end-users to report messages as spam or phishing attacks directly from their inbox. The reported messages will be analysed and used to improve the overall effectiveness of the Email Security product.
To install the add-in:
- Obtain the add-in manifest URL from your service provider
- Log in to the Office 365 admin center. Ensure that you are using the new admin center if prompted
- Go to Settings > Integrated apps or search for "add-in" in the global search bar
- Choose Upload Custom Apps
- Choose the I have a URL for the manifest file option
- Paste in the manifest URL that was provided to you
- Continue through the wizard, optionally restricting access to the add-in to various users or groups if required
- Click the Finish Deployment button
For further information, refer to the Office 365 documentation.
Outlook for Desktop
Once deployed, end-users will see a new tile added to the top ribbon when a message is selected.
Outlook Web Access
Once deployed, end-users will have a new option in the three dot menu when viewing a message.
Outlook for iOS
Once deployed, end-users will have additional options when viewing a message. Use the 3 dot menu under the timestamp in order to access the add-in icons:
The action sheet will appear containing the add-in options:
Outlook for Android
Once deployed, end-users will have additional options when viewing a message: